Best Palatine Lawn Care Practices
Caring for lawns in Palatine and surrounding cities lawns are made up of a blend of cool season grasses. The most common lawns are a blend of Kentucky Blue Grass, fine Fescue and Rye grass the following practices will ensure the best possible lawn:
How high should I mow your lawn?
1) Mow high – 3 1/2 inches or higher the taller the cut, the healthier the lawn. There is a huge correlation between the height of the grass and the depth of the roots, the higher you mow the deeper the roots will grow.
2) Don’t remove more than 1/3rd of the grass height in a single mow. It will shock the plant and slow its growth. In the spring this may need to be done due to your schedule. Once or twice will not damage your lawn but try to stay on a schedule that your lawn needs.
If I mow my lawn shorter will it grow slower?
No, Your lawn will grow at a rate that it receives water, sunshine, perfect temperatures and fertilizer. mowing your lawn short will let it dry out quicker and let weed seeds germinate easily. reducing water, fertilizer or warm days and cool nights slows down the rate at which grass grows.
Should I mulch my lawn clippings?
3) Yes Mulch your clippings. This will conserve nutrients, reduce thatch, and save time and money in the process. Grass clippings are 95% water, decompose quickly and do not cause thatch. You will have a greener, thicker, weed resistant lawn using less fertilizer and save on watering. Since mulching promotes natural biological activity due to the increased organic matter, your lawn will be the best on the block. By not bagging your clippings, you will save time, money and aggravation and help your lawn.
How much should I water my lawn?
4) Water 1 1/2″ every week. When Mother Nature doesn’t April, May and sometimes June, normally has plenty of rainfall but in July and August she needs a little help. Watering during the hot months will keep your lawn healthy and green. Be sure to water only in the morning if possible or once dew has accumulated on the lawn. In the late evening your lawn can be watered without concern about fungus problems (only after the dew has settled on your lawn).
How often should I sharpen my lawn mower blade?
5) Keep your blade sharp! Once a year for the average home which is about 30 weeks of mowing A sharp blade helps keep your lawn from drying out and makes it more disease resistant. We sharpen our mower blades once per week for our mowing crews.
Should I aerate my lawn and how often?
6) Core aerating of your lawn in the spring or fall will reduce compaction and thatch. Royal Gardens Lawn Care provides this service if you don’t want to do it. For thick lush lawns 2 twice a year, for the average lawn once per year should be enough. Spring or fall, either is good, fall is best.
Do I have to alternate my mowing patterns?
7) Yes alternate you’re mowing patterns each time you mow the lawn, this prevents compaction from the tires and prevents traffic wear patterns.
These are all things you can do to really improve your lawn, and this is before we have even talked about Royal Gardens Lawn Care’s fertilization and free weed control programs. The most important and easiest way to improve your lawn is to call Royal Gardens Landscaping and lawn care to take care of your lawn this season. We apply the correct fertilizers at the correct time of the season to ensure your lawn looks its best. With our lawn mowing division we can even come and mow your lawn weekly as well.
What does my lawn need to look great?
Three things are always needed for a great weed free lawn.
1 Good weather
2 Proper mowing techniques
3 A high quality fertilization and free weed control service from Royal Gardens Lawn care.
We provide all the services you need to have the best lawn and landscaping possible. This saves you time money and aggravation. We are experts in lawn care and landscaping. For 25 years, Royal Gardens Landscaping and lawn Care has providing lawn care and landscaping services in your neighborhood. Call us today; see for yourself how simple and easy it is to have a great lawn and landscape this year.
Royal Gardens Landscaping and lawn care offers more than just lawn care. Royal Gardens Landscaping has three independent divisions. Lawn Care Services, Weekly lawn mowing, and a full landscape design,installation service brick paving and drainage solutions. Why deal with 2 or 3 different companies when one call can do it all.